Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Been away for a bit

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Things around here are a little busy right now. First off I've had backyard patio designs floating around my head. Here's the concept photo I have found that expresses all the elements I'm looking to incorporate. Horizontal fence slats, concreat floors, pergola and sails for shade and 2 defined spaces, one for eating and one for lounging. My cousin is a contractor and is coming over this weekend to discuss concreat and pergola designs and budget.
On a good note I've started a journal that I write all my thoughts in when I'm travelling to and from work on the train. My head has been clouded with so many different thoughts I've started to forget things and what I'm doing. I'm hoping that by writing about them for an hour or two each day, it will free my mind from thinking about it for the rest of the day.

On another happy note I have completed 1.5 pages for my "Growing up" scrapbook. I've been meaning to do this for a while now and just got organized last Friday night. I scaned and sorted the first 3 years worth of pictures and pieced together 1 page and started another. I also started to sketch ideas for other pages. I've really been feeling kind of creatively down lately. With so much on my mind and so many things to do in a day I don't ever seem to have the time to just sit and loose myself in my art. I hope that the next few weeks I will be able to devote more time to this and cheer myself up.

I actually have several scrapbooks to make;
1. Me growing up
2. My husband growing up
3. Us dating (3 years worth of stuff)
4. Our Wedding and all things related (engagement, showers, stags etc.)
5. Our Trips related to our wedding (Las Vegas - gift to husband to see Mariah Carey, Portugal - where we spent 2 weeks for our honeymoon)
6. Thailand - where we just came back from.

I am hoping to have all of these done before the kids come. Cause then I will be strictly mommy scraping. I've seen one lady (can't seem to find her page now) who scraps each day or event on it's own and files it in magazine file folders for the month. Then at the end of the year she puts them all into one book and titles it that year. I think this will be the best way to scrapbook our kids, I'm so excited.

No comments: