Thursday, September 25, 2008

The quilt top is done

Last night I feverishly worked on the quilt and was able to complete the entire top. All the seams had to be pressed and then each row was sewn together. It didn't take as long as I thought but I now realize I have to work this hard every night until the birthday (next Saturday) to get it done. What's that you say, I have a whole weekend coming up. I wish. I have a surprise party and a retirement party on Saturday, then Sunday my hubby and I are goign to church, checking out a new gym near us, Halloween costume shopping and catching the 3pm train to be down town in time for dinner and the Janet Jackson concert. So the only time I have to work on the quilt is a few hours every night when I come home from work.

That all being said I have turned my kitchen into the new sewing room. Hubby can watch tv (usually the news - boring!) and I can sew and we can still be together. I brought the sewing machine and the iron board downstairs last night and rearranged the kitchen table to face the tv and be near the electrical outlet for the sewing machine.


The best part is that Milo has now become my new assistant. He sits under the table near my foot while I sew. It's really cute. I thought the noise from the machine would have scared him, but he was fine. I know what you are all thinking... Cinderella and her mice sewing together her dress for the ball. Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly.....Okay so I was the only one thinking that, but I know your smiling now.

No comments: