Thursday, June 4, 2009

New Blog found

Hello,

Today I stumbled upon a real gem. "Life in the fun Lane". The reno work and designs she comes up with really speak to me. This happy couple does most of the reno work themselves with a little help from their family. Add one little special package named Wren, and you have a darling blog. I've added her to my blog list and will definitely be keeping up to speed with her ever changing home. Take a look at her before and after of a frame she found and the kitchen they transformed.



Above: wood frame, nothing spectacular.
Below: a little paint, some MDF and chalkboard paint makes a drab frame in to a fab focal point.





Above: typical wood cupboards in a fair size kitchen
Below: Crisp white painted cupboards, some open shelving, and a little black paint on the existing knobs. Wow! Huge difference on a frugal budget.



1 comment:

Chris Kauffman said...

I will have to check out that blog.

I used zinsser primer on the shelf , it covered very nicely , I painted it with a brush and didn't even remove it from the wall .