Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mommy Jewlery

I usually like to accessorize my outfits. However now that my wardrobe has changed to capris and sundresses there usually isn't a need for jewellery. I have been thinking about getting a nursing necklace for Olivia. Not one that she wears, rather a safe one for me that she can play with while nursing. Many moms suffer from scratches, pinches and pulls while their little ones feed. Olivia hasn't begun to do this, well actually she has, but none of the above. No sir my sweet little girl likes to snap my bra strap as she drinks. It's really sweet at first, her little hand grabs on to the strap and holds on while drinking. Then she starts the famous feeding stroke. Next thing I know with every stroke comes a quick snap! So I'm in the market for a nursing necklace. Here's what I've found so far. I might get more than one kind, for variety.

Created by a nursing mother, the idea was born out of desperation when her daughter neared four months old. Tired of the daily wrestling match between baby and breast, along with her daughter’s constant twiddling, pinching, and distractibility, she knew breastfeeding did not have to be this hard and painful! Distracted babies nurse less during the day and more at night (tired mommy!) and fidgety babies love to pull their mother’s hair and leave pinch marks (poor mommy!). Mommy Necklaces™ were invented to occupy busy hands away from Mommy’s hairline while engaging baby in a way that results in longer nursing sessions.

The only designer teething necklace made in the USA from non-toxic, FDA approved material that conforms to Consumer Product Safety Commission’s 16 CFR 1500. The beads are solid with nubs on one side, smooth on the other and will not pass through the choke tube.



French for "Here You Go!" Oh Plah!™ is a bracelet for mom that baby or child can safely play with as a toy or teether. Constructed of medical grade thermoplastic- non-toxic, bacteria resistant, and free of lead, latex, PVC, BPA and phthalates. Meets or exceeds the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) regulations, in addition to meeting or exceeding safety testing standards for Canada (C.R.C. c.931) and the European Union (EN-71). Click here to view our Certificate of Compliance. No small parts means its safe for even the tiniest babe. Extremely durable yet flexible, standing up to frequent chewing without looking worn or damaged. Easily cleaned with soap and water, and dries quickly so that it can be worn again right away. Great as a nursing reminder (switch wrists to remember which side comes next)

Teething Bling® is the original patent-pending teething jewelry. Made from the same material as most teething toys, our pendants and bangles look great on the adult wearer but are safe for curious babies to handle and chew. Our products are non-toxic, phthalate, BPA, PVC and lead free and all pendants come with a breakaway clasp as an added safety measure.


I do love all of these designs. I probably wouldn't get one of the bracelets because standard bracelets are usually to big for my wrist. There are so many options, I love that they don't look like macaroni on a string. (However if one day Olivia brings home a necklace made out of pasta from school, you know I would rock it) I think I will have to take a look at my closet and see what works well with my clothes.

One item I did get, but isn't for teething is the charm below. From a company here in Canada called Dimples. They send you a mold and you press your babies finger in it (or anyone's). In a few days you have a beautiful charm with their finger print on it. You can get necklaces, bracelets, key chains, cuff links etc. I already have a link bracelet that I use as a Medic Alert bracelet. I asked for the charm for Mother's day. I intend on having one for each of my kids. The nice thing is that the back is engraved with Olivia's name and birth date.


*description from company websites.

No comments: