Friday, January 21, 2011

Inspiration for a Master bedroom

I can't believe a year has almost come and gone since little O entered our lives. Many women when pregnant with their first child think they will have time while off to get many things done around the house. What most new moms soon find out is that all of their time is spent on their sweet baby. No time left for home renos and photo albums. With only a few weeks left I have been thinking about getting one major reno done. I've been thinking about re-designing our Master bedroom.

When we originally designed the space we selected a fantastic wallpaper, chandelier and bed. I found two wonderful dressers on Kijiji for a great price. That's where the design came to a crashing halt. We have been living in beige design limbo for a few years now, but that's all about to end.


I have been searching online, in my inspiration folder on my computer and I think I'm finally getting somewhere. I've always loved bold colour in design, however I've been too timid to try it. After seeing the following images I think I know what I want to do. Turquoise walls, brown drapes, cream trim work, warm brown wood, accents of rust or orange.



I was also thinking to send a few images off to Steven and Chris and see what they think. Maybe they can give me some suggestions to get the room looking more like our own private retreat.

No comments: