Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Foggy

I have a wonderful husband, daughter, home, family and group of friends. I am happy with that aspect of my life.

I was asked the question a few days ago about why I ended up where I am. I looked back at where I came from and realized that I ventured off my path. The path I speak of is the internal one. The one you set in your mind as a little kid. The path you visualize when someone asks you "what do you want to be when you grow up?". At what age are we truly "grown up"?

I have come to a point and realized that this is not where I intended to be. Sitting behind a desk in an investment bank, clocking hours supporting a team that has little idea of what I do or who I am. What brings you satisfaction? When you log off your computer, forward your phone and put on your coat are you pleased with your day? Do you go home feeling like you made a difference. Do you feel like you were recognized as having valuable input? I spent the last few days thinking an looking at my options. It's a sad day when you look ahead and the fog of uncertainty makes the future seem grey.




-Take Care, Lisa

2 comments:

Chris Kauffman said...

Life's not a race but a marathon , I never thought I would get to do what I love but I am , there is plenty of time to redirect and reinvent, my focus as a young 20 something was my children I had to scrifice to make that happen {and I don't regret it at all} and now what seems only like a short time later I am doing what I love balancing motherhood and home life and my work that inspires me, it will all come together for you , and plans sometimes change along the way , you will find your path.

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

of course, i can totally understand this and sympathize. i know you said you seem to run out of options -but there were many times when i did too. there were quite a few paths that i started down on, only to realize it was the very wrong way! it took a good two years to finally figure out what i wanted to do and how to do it - keep on trying and you will get there!! never give up the hope to be truly happy!