Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I love Chapters!


So today I started the day off over at my favorite store - Chapters. I searched through the clearance shelves with my green tea in hand and found "Baby Costumes" and "Crafts for Baby". They were only $5 each! I don't have any kids yet but the costume one is great for kids under the age of 2, so it will be a while before I make anything from that one, but for $5 I couldn't resist. The craft one has got simple ideas to make for an expecting mother as shower gifts or for your own bundle of joy when you are expecting.

I can now finaly say I am the proud owner of my very first Amy Butler book "InStiches". I've only flipped through the pages and I'm already planning my next visit to the fabric store.

I actually do have 2 projects right now that I need to start. The first is another doll bed and quilt for my other niece and the other is a pirate doll for my nephew. They both have their birthdays in March so I better get cracking.

I also have a bag that I started in November and put aside through the holidays. Now that I look at it, I'm not so sure I like it. It looks like I am going to be taking it apart and starting again this weekend.

I have been asking around and trying to figure out how to get a versitle fabric stash started. Right now I have been only buying fabric from the local fabric store when I start a project. I would love if anyone out there has some tips on getting a great stash started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great books!! And it does sound like you have a lot of projects to keep you busy! My question is - is there any way to not get a good stash happening (sorry fabric-o-holic here!!!) No, seriously my advise is every time you goto the shop stand back and see what catches your eye and calls you. If you love something buy it and dont worry about what it goes with or if you need it etc. This is what I do every time I go to the shops and now when I go to my stash I can play with different combinations and there is always something great! You just need to buy when you see somthing great - and dont forget to always buy some plainer fabrics like spots and strips as they are always usable and needed in a great colour way.

Stephanie Fazio (aka lealou) said...

Hey there! I hope you don't mind but I tagged you on my site -- check it out here! www.lealoulemonade.blogspot.com

later!
lealou