Friday, February 19, 2010

A Christmas craft project

For Christmas my niece asked for an American Girl closet. Her parents got one custom made and painted. They asked me to make the containers inside and some door organizers. I researched and found three items that I thought would be useful.

Doors open, pockets on the left, memo board on the right and some custom boxes on the shelves.

Three pockets hang on the door for accessories.


Memo board for letters and pictures from her dolls friends. Again batting and fabric hot glued to a piece of particle board and some ribbon crossed to tuck items in. The object tucked in already is the gift tag from K and I.


I bought some Christmas gift boxes from the dollar store and hot glued fabric and trim to them.

She loved it and was so excited to fill it with all of her new and old stuff.

4 comments:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

If I was a little girl, I would LOVE that! Your storage ideas are perfect. I especially like the memo board.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

That is really really nice!

Chris Kauffman said...

How are you doing , are you hanging in there , are you losing it yet , I know the waiting is hard and the discomfort , I remember after arriving back home a few hours after giving birth that I was so thrilled to walk up the stairs easily ,even pushing a vacuum was painful in the end .
Good luck with the delivery , I am thinking about you .
Chris
xoxo

Jess said...

You made that? It's awesome. SO girlie and fabulous...I'd love to be that talented!