Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Swimming and Stamping

A few weeks ago K and I went to his sister's house for a BBQ. They have a salt water pool that we have been dying to dive into for a while. Equipped with a new bathing suit and swim diaper for Miss O, we introduced her to the pool. K sat on the stairs with her and slowly eased her into the water. She was mesmerized by the sunlight dancing on the water.


Once she was used to the water, and we had enough pictures and video, K and I switched. He took the camera and I took Miss O. I twirled her around and made her jump up and down. It took no time for her big cousins to see that she was in the water. They all came over and were giggling with her trying to make her laugh. She couldn't take her eyes off of them. She watched as they swam and played.

It got a little cool for her so I took her out and wrapped her in a towel. The other kids were still playing so I sat pool side with the rest of the family watching the kids play. It was obvious that Miss O wanted to go back in. She was screeching and leaning towards the pool. If only she was a little bigger. I can't wait for the days when she is swimming with her cousins too.

You will notice that my pictures now have a watermark on them. I was going to use a third party site to add a test overlay to them. Then I thought to check and see if Apple had anything I could use. Just my luck, they have an application called iWatermark. There are tons of text and effects you can choose from. I did have to pay for it, however now I have the app on my computer that allows me to create a copy of the original with the watermark on it. I feel a bit safer having the photos saved on my computer.

That being said, I have another task at hand that involves my computer and pictures. I am trying to create an archive system on an external hard drive. I would like to sort them by year, month and event. I think it's important to have them all backed up in case something should happen to my computer. Do you sort and save your pictures? What is the best way you found to do it?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Miss O looks sooo cute! I miss her!