Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kijiji you answered my prayers



Yes I can check one thing off the list! Well sort of.

This morning I was going to post about 2 dressers from different sellers that we were trying to get on Kijiji. K and I saw them on Friday and he sent both of them emails. Unfortunately neither one of them responded.

This morning I was going to blog about them. I logged on and then went to Kijiji to save the pictures so that I could add them to my posting. While I was there I noticed 2 new post for similar dressers that were being sold by the same seller. The first one was $265 and the other one was $275. The were the same depth and height, one 44" and the other 48" wide. I showed K the posting and he told me to send an email to the seller. Within 5 minutes of me pressing send my cell phone rang and it was Peter, the seller.


They are sold oak and mahogany. One comes with a mirror and the other with wheels. Both can be removed. Peter lived in Hamilton and we are in Ajax, about 1 1/2 hours away. I asked since we were willing to buy both pieces would he accept my offer of $500 for both. He said absolutely and threw in free delivery! I'm so excited. They will be here later today. Once they get here I will clean them and K will get our neighbour to help bring them upstairs. We plan on painting them and getting decorative glass knobs, but that will be in the spring when the weather is better.

So I can check one item off the list, get nightstands for master bedroom. I just have to make sure that I can "finish" this project, sand, paint and glass knobs.
I apologize for the poor quality pictures, K took the camera today and all I had was my camera phone. I'll post better pictures when they are up in our room.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay for crossing stuff off the list!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

SweDaisy said...

Thanks! I'm really excited too