Monday, February 1, 2010

Sitting Pretty


My newest piece of furniture in the family room for the past few weeks. My Everlast yoga ball. It helps with back pain. I sit on it when I am watching tv or blogging. I put my laptop on the coffee table and its the perfect height. It keeps me in the right position for good posture and helps to "stretch" the lower muscles needed for labour.



Speaking of labour, I can't believe it's come already. Well not the labour exactly, but sometime in the next 3 weeks I am going to be giving birth. I'm not nervous yet, just really excited. I feel ready. I know I can't even begin to imagine what it's like but I'm going to go in with a positive attitude. That's all I have control of. I think part of my feeling at ease is because of our midwives. They make everything seem so natural and part of the process. Not that I'm knocking doctors and their methods, but I feel so much more comfortable with the midwives.

If you haven't seen the film "The business of being born" I suggest it. It was produced by Ricki Lake. She decided to create the file after going through her first pregnancy with a doctor and her second with a midwife. The differences and statistics they uncover and talk about are amazing. You should be able to find it at your local library or video store. Check it out if you are thinking about using a midwife or if you are using one. It's a great film.

P.S - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN (my sister)


2 comments:

Chris Kauffman said...

3 weeks or five weeks if your like me , ,y advice during labour is to try and relax during contraction , let the contractions do their work , visualize the cervix opening , it really helped with my second birth , loved my midwives , love the movie the business of being born , enjoy the process , there is nothing more miraculous you will ever do , I loved giving birth , most thrilling moments of my and my husbands lives , really , we think back so fondly meeting our babies.

Paula said...

Hey, you could go this week...you never know ;) I was almost three weeks early with my second.

A positive attitude is the best attitude!